Comprehensive Elder Law Care For People Across Pittsburgh
Elder law encompasses many legal considerations people face as they age. Our lawyers at Sikov and Love, P.A., can assist you with elder law matters involving financial concerns, health and long-term care issues, and planning for the uncertainties and eventualities of life.
Since 1952, our team of attorneys in Pittsburgh has established a reputation for providing quality legal services to those seeking help with elder law matters.
How We Can Help You And Your Loved Ones
Our experienced, knowledgeable and compassionate lawyers have the resources to effectively assist your family with all matters involving growing older, such as:
- Planning for long-term care or nursing home care by protecting assets so that you don’t have to spend your life savings on long-term care expenses
- Establishing an annuity so that you or your loved one can continue to receive the necessary income for years to come
- Medicaid assistance to help select a plan that is best for your individual situation
Our attorneys understand how cumbersome planning for the future can be; let them help you. Give us a call at 412-567-1236 today to get started.
How Can An Attorney Help You With Medicaid Planning?
Medicaid planning can be daunting. With all the strict income requirements you have to meet, you may worry if you even qualify. Our lawyers aim to help you meet those requirements by organizing and distributing your assets to meet those income limits.
They can also help guide you through each step of the application process to ensure that you’re filling out every form entirely and accurately.
Even if you get approved for Medicaid, they can assist you and your loved ones to ensure that you meet Medicaid requirements.
What Documents Do You Need For Long-Term Elder Planning?
Including these estate planning documents in your plan can help you and your loved ones as you continue to age:
- Durable power of attorney: This document allows you to appoint someone to handle your finances, should you become incapacitated.
- Health care power of attorney: This document allows you to appoint someone who can make medical decisions regarding treatment, medications and even surgeries, should you no longer be able to make those decisions yourself.
- HIPAA authorizations: This document can grant the person of your choice access to your private medical records.
- Guardian designations: If you have someone you care for who is incapable of caring for themselves, establishing a guardian means that you can leave them in the hands of someone you trust, should you no longer be able to care for them yourself.
Our team can legally establish these documents to reflect your wishes and requests accurately.
How Early Should You Start Planning For Elder Care?
Many people start planning for elder care at least five years before they think they need it. However, the earlier you can make arrangements, the better.
What Are The Signs That You Or Your Loved One Need Elder Care?
Are you or your loved one:
- Having a hard time remembering and performing basic responsibilities, like cooking, grocery shopping or paying bills?
- Experiencing more frequent mood swings?
- Struggling with basic mobility?
- Having a hard time with cleaning and home upkeep?
- Gaining or losing weight unintentionally?
- Struggling to maintain a regular, healthy diet?
- Forgetting to take your medication regularly?
- Experiencing more health problems than usual?
If you notice these patterns in your loved one or yourself, planning for nursing home care is crucial. Our lawyers can work with you to reduce the cost of your nursing home care and protect your legacy.
Seek Solid Representation From A Certified Elder Law Attorney
Our lead lawyer, Carol Sikov Gross, is one of the few certified elder law attorneys (CELAs) in the U.S. and western Pennsylvania. This certification shows that she is trained to provide a high level of service and care, allowing her to offer the best legal advice to her clients.
Additionally, our attorneys are involved in lecturing, presentations and community organizations dedicated to the concerns of our elderly population. When you choose Sikov and Love, P.A., you are choosing a firm that is committed to the care of individuals as they age.
Contact Us Today. Our Team Is Ready To Help.
If you are a senior citizen nearing retirement age, the caregiver or family member of someone growing older, or a person who just wants to plan for some of the many “what ifs” of life, our lawyers can help. Sikov and Love, P.A., in Pittsburgh, has been serving western Pennsylvania for decades. Our attorneys are skilled and understanding, and they can help you take charge of planning for your future.