Comprehensive Elder Law Services Addressing
a Full Range of Legal Issues
Practice Area Overview
The attorneys at Sikov and Love, P.A., are available to assist you and your family with all of the legal issues that come with growing older. Attorney Carol Sikov Gross is one of the few Certified Elder Law Attorneys in western Pennsylvania. This professional distinction represents the level of experience and dedication we provide to our clients.
Since 1952, our attorneys have provided dedicated and skilled representation to clients throughout western Pennsylvania. Estate planning attorneys at our firm are ready to answer your questions and help you protect your assets for the future. Contact our elder law attorneys or our Orphans’ Court Litigation attorneys to arrange a consultation.
Comprehensive Elder Law Practice to Meet Your Needs
Our firm offers a range of elder law services, including:
- Estate planning: Our firm offers a full range of estate planning services designed to help you plan for the future, protect your assets, and ensure your wishes are followed, such as wills, trusts, powers of attorney, living wills and irrevocable burial trusts.
- Long-term care and nursing home planning: Nursing home care in Pennsylvania is expensive, costing approximately $9,000 to $10,000 per month on average. In-home care can be even more costly. We can help you plan how to pay for long-term care or how to get government benefits such as Medicaid to help pay, as well as for the possibility of nursing home care in the future.
- Medicaid planning and medical assistance: We can help you prepare an appropriate plan based upon your specific financial situation. With Medicaid planning, it may be possible to obtain funds from the government to pay for long-term care.
- Annuities and long-term care: Our lawyers can advise you on the types of annuities that may help you reach your long-term care goals.
- Orphans’ Court litigation: We represent clients involving contested probate or estate matters, as well as in litigation involving abuses of powers of attorney, will or trust contests, and removal of fiduciaries.
- Special needs planning and special needs trusts: Our firm can help you plan for the special needs person in your life and make it possible for this individual to maintain government benefits while receiving benefits from a special needs trust. Guardianships can also be established for special needs individuals who may need more than a power of attorney or elderly individuals who are incapacitated due to conditions such as dementia.
- Probate and estate administration: We represent clients in handling the estates or trusts of deceased individuals so matters can be dealt with in a timely fashion, save tax costs and get funds to heirs more quickly.
- Veterans Administration (VA) benefits: Our attorneys can help you understand possible benefits and develop a long-term care strategy that meets your needs.
- Elderly in crisis: Our firm responds to a variety of crisis situations. These situations can include a family member in a hospital who has been told he or she cannot go home again or how to protect funds for a wife whose husband has just gone into a nursing home after a medical emergency.
Contact a Pittsburgh Elder Law Services Attorney
To discuss your elder law issues and estate planning needs, contact our Pittsburgh elder law services lawyers. We can help you learn how we can assist you and your family.
of the National Academy of
Elder Law Attorneys