Western Pennsylvania Estate Planning Lawyers
The attorneys at Sikov and Love, P.A., are available to assist you and your family with all of the legal issues that come with growing older. Attorney Carol Sikov Gross is one of the few Certified Elder Law Attorneys in Western Pennsylvania. This distinction represents the level of experience and dedication we provide to our clients.
Since 1957, our attorneys have provided dedicated and skilled representation to clients throughout Western Pennsylvania. Estate planning attorneys at our firm are ready to answer your questions and help you protect your assets for the future. Contact our elder law attorneys to arrange a consultation.
Comprehensive Elder Law Practice to Meet Your Needs
Our firm offers a range of elder law services, including:
- Long term care and nursing home planning : Nursing home care in Pennsylvania is expensive, costing approximately $7,000 a month on average. In-home care can be even more costly. We can help you plan how to pay for long term care or how to get government benefits to pay, as well as for the possibility of nursing home care in the future.
- Annuities and long term care : Our lawyers can advise you on the types of annuities that will help you reach your long term care goals.
- Medicaid planning and medical assistance : We can help you prepare an appropriate plan based upon your specific financial situation. With Medicaid or Medicare planning, it may be possible to obtain funds from the state and federal government to pay for long term care.
- Veterans Administration (VA) benefits : Our attorneys can help you understand your benefits and develop a long term care strategy that meets your needs.
- Estate planning : Our firm offers a full range of estate planning services designed to help you plan for the future, protect your assets, and ensure your wishes are followed, such as wills, trusts, powers of attorney and irrevocable burial trusts.
- Probate and estate administration : We represent clients in handling the estates or trusts of deceased individuals so matters can be dealt with in a timely fashion, save tax costs and get funds to heirs. We also represent clients in Orphans' Court litigation involving contested probate or estate matters, as well as in litigation involving abuses of powers of attorney, will or trust contests and removal of fiduciaries.
- Special needs planning and special needs trusts : Our firm can help you plan for the special needs person in your life and make it possible for him or her to maintain government benefits while receiving funds from a special needs trust. Guardianships can also be established for special needs individuals and elderly individuals who are incapacitated due to conditions such as dementia or Alzheimer's disease.
- Elderly in crisis : Our firm responds to a variety of crisis situations. These situations can include a family member in a hospital who has been told he or she cannot go home again or how to protect funds for a wife whose husband has just gone into a nursing home after a medical emergency.
Contact a Penn Hills Elder Law Services Attorney
To discuss your elder law issues and estate planning needs, contact our Penn Hills elder law services lawyers. We can help you learn how we can assist you and your family.